In the Chapter 11 filing, their claims encumber properties that could be refinanced, sold at a discount or turned over to the banks.
County court records show that in October, WCI and its affiliates took out a $962.5 million mortgage on its properties in Florida and New Jersey, which had a collateral value of $1.44 billion at that time.
Bank of America serves as collateral agent for the benefit of the lenders while KeyBank is the administrative agent for the lenders. The identity of all the lenders is not revealed.
On May 28, this mortgage was modified to include additional collateral from WCI. At that time, the outstanding balance was $830.4 million and the value of its collateral property was $1.56 billion. Of that, $1.15 billion was located in Florida.
The properties under that mortgage include:
• One Bal Harbour, Miami-Dade County
• The Plaza at Oceanside, Broward County
• Resort at Singer Island, Palm Beach County
• Lesina at Hammock Bay, Collier County
• San Anton at Lost Key, Escambia County
• Le Jardin at Hammock Dunes, Flagler County
• Castillo at Westshore Yacht Club, Hillsborough County
• Florencia at the Colony, Lee County
• Watermark, Hudson county, N.J.
The second major mortgage was made in December 2004, with Wachovia Bank as the agent on behalf of the lenders. It was for $356.2 million. Additional property was added on May 28.
That mortgage covers:
• Miami Dade County: One Bal Harbour and Mosaic at Miami Beach
• Broward County: Cypress Point at Heron Bay,
Coral Creek and Heron Preserve
• Flagler County: Cambria at Hammock Dunes
• Collier County: Serano at Hammock Bay
• Duval County: Costa Verano at Jacksonville Beach
• Escambia County: San Andres at Lost Key, Santa Amaro at Lost Key and La Salbordora at Lost Key
• Lee County: Pelican Landing, Pelican Colony Golf Course, Mareala at Tuburon, Hammock Bay, Marquesa at Tiburon, Pallino at Tiburon, Manchester Square and Coconut Point
• Sarasota County: Venetian Golf and River Club
• Manatee County: Tidewater Preserve
• Hillsborough County: Sun City Center, Maplewood Condominium, Portsmith Condominium, Oakley Green Condominium, Westshore Yacht Club and Toscana II